Frequently Asked Questions
Every day help for our customers
If you don’t find the answer that you need you can always send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 514-703-4366
Need more help?
- Chocexchange is a curated marketplace of the world’s best artisan chocolates. We travel the world, meet the cocoa producers, visit the chocolate makers, and sell their bean-to-bar chocolate on our website.
With your monthly Chocexchange chocolate subscription you will receive 4-5 of the best bean-to-bar, fair-trade, craft chocolate from around the globe in a stunning custom-made box at your door.
All craft chocolate bars are fair-trade, most are either certified organic, or contain organic ingredients, and many are dairy free chocolate bars.
When you join the club or give a gift subscription, you can leave us a note with special requests to only send you vegan chocolate bars, organic chocolate, dark chocolate, or anything else and we will do our best to accommodate.
Choc Exchange Dollars is a unique Loyalty Reward & Referral Program where you can earn points with your purchases, shares on social media, and friend referrals.
Points Earned can be redeemed towards future purchases, discount coupons, or to reduce shipping costs when free shipping is not available.
You can earn rewards points in several ways including creating an account with us, every time you purchase on of our chocolate products, sharing on social media, or referring a friend using the personalized links provided.
For more information visit Choc Exchange Rewards.
You should receive your chocolates within 5 to 7 business days after placing your order. Orders placed after 2pm on Fridays will not ship until the following Monday. Once your item has been handed off to a shipping carrier you will receive an email from us with your tracking information.
Yes, your Chocexchange chocolate subscription boxes, chocolate bundles or individual bars can be shipped to the address of your choice. Just make sure to add the address at checkout.
Choc Exchange selection is curated by our staff. We are always open to trying new products, so feel free to email us recommendations at email@example.com
- Contact our customer care team by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your order number, the name of the product and tell us about the damage or defect. We understand that sometimes items get damaged and will work to resolve the situation quickly.
- All items are final sale. If an item arrives damaged or spoiled, our Customer Service team will work with you to determine an appropriate solution. Please reach out to our team at email@example.com to resolve the issue.
- Nope. Rest assured that our packing slips (or anything included in the package) will NEVER include the prices of what is included in the box. Prices are only displayed on the confirmation email sent to the purchaser.
- While some chocolates are perishable, a majority of Chocexchange’s products have long shelf lives either on the counter, in the fridge or in the freezer. Due to events completely out of our control like thunderstorms, blizzards, etc. that can affect delivery, we highly recommend having your items arrive at least two days prior to when you need them. Please reach out to our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- No, unfortunately we’re not able to ship to any P.O. Boxes.
Every item on Chocexchange is either handcrafted when you order or produced in limited quantities, so in some instances, same day shipping is not available. Chocexchange and our team of partners takes enormous pride in every product we offer and strive to deliver them in the best possible condition on the requested delivery date. While there are many things we do to mitigate the risk of shipping chocolates around the country, there are unfortunately some things outside of our control like the weather and delays once the package is in the hands of our shipping partners. As such, the shipping guidelines published on this website are not guarantees of a shipping or arrival date.
If you are placing an order for a time-sensitive event, we recommend placing your order early and having it arrive early. In some instances due to weather or other uncontrollable events, we may have your product arrive earlier than requested to ensure that it arrives in good condition. Chocexchange is not responsible for delays in transit caused by high package volume, weather, mechanical error, strikes, natural disasters, terrorism safety control, or inaccurate shipping information, and we do not require a signature for the release of any shipment.
Leaving a package a an address is ultimately up to the complete discretion of the individual delivery person and is therefore entirely outside our control. Customers are responsible for checking that all shipping information is correct before submitting an order as well as in their order confirmation email. Once a package has been shipped, the address can not be altered.
There are no returns, modifications, or cancellations allowed on any orders once it has shipped. All packages are shipped via Canada Post and therefore cannot be shipped to P.O. Box addresses.
- Since so many Chocexchange partners make each order from scratch, it’s not always possible to rush something to you, however we will always do everything we can to try and get something in a shorter than normal time period. Please email us at email@example.com to see what we can do.
- Once you place an order with us you’ll receive an email confirmation that will include a link to your order status page. This information will update as your order is prepared and eventually shipped. Additionally, you’ll receive emails from us providing updates like “Your order has shipped” and “Your order has been delivered” which will include tracking information so you can follow your deliciousness on its journey from food shop to your door. If it appears there is a serious issue with your delivery or it’s been 24+ hours and the tracking information shows no movement, please speak to us via live chat on the main page or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate support.
- No, however it is ultimately up to the individual driver as to whether they feel comfortable leaving the box at a home, even if a signature is not required. If the driver does not leave the package, you can call the carrier to arrange a pick up at the nearest shipping location that same day or wait for re-delivery the following business day. Carriers typically make 3 delivery attempts before the product is returned. An estimated delivery time frame is presented on the product detail page. Please plan accordingly to be sure you receive the best quality product.
- Every item on Chocexchange is packed and shipped specific to that’s items needs to ensure the freshest, most delicious chocolate arrives at your door. During the warm seasons, insulated pockets are added to maintain suitable temperature during transport.
- $14 flat, but we currently offer free shipping on orders over $150 for Canada, and over $45 for the USA.
- At the moment, we ship within Canada and the United States. We cannot ship to P.O. Boxes.
- No you don’t. Each package is with signature release meaning if the driver feels comfortable leaving the package, he/she can do so. The key there is IF, drivers will on occasion not leave a package meaning it’s up to you to rearrange delivery or pick up at your local facility. If you plan to be away for the day of delivery, it is your responsibility to arrange for someone to pick up the package and freeze or refrigerate the items as required. Chocexchange cannot be responsible for refunds or replacements of orders with incomplete or invalid addresses, or sent to recipients who are not available to accept packages on the delivery date. We are not able to reship packages that are returned to us by the carrier. Please take this into consideration when selecting your shipping address for an order.
- You should receive your chocolates within 5 to 7 business days after placing your order. Orders placed after 2pm on Fridays will not ship until the following Monday. Once your item has been handed off to a shipping carrier you will receive an email from us with your tracking information.
- Unfortunately we are only able to accept payment by credit card at this time.
- Declines can happen for a variety of reasons. When we submit a charge to your bank, they have automated systems that determine whether or not to accept the charge. These systems take various signals into account, such as your spending habits, account balance, and card information like the expiration date and CVC. Since these signals are constantly changing, a previously successful card might be declined in the future. Even if all of the card information is correct, and you previously had a successful payment, a future charge can still be declined by a bank’s overzealous fraud systems. In he even your card gets declined the best thing to do is to call your bank. They will be able to give you more info and you will likely be able to ask them to approve the charge so that you may try your payment again with the same card.
- Have a suggestion, comment or general feedback? Please send an email to email@example.com to let us know how we’re doing!
f you need to get in contact with us the best way is via our live chat on the main page or via email:
Questions about your order? firstname.lastname@example.org
General questions about Chocexchange? email@example.com
If you need to talk to someone urgently on the phone you can call us at 514-703-4366
During the warmer months, we ship all chocolates in an heat-proof insulated bag inside the box. Your chocolates will not melt.